Friday 22 May 2015

Making marking matter

So in my last post I mentioned trialling a traffic light system and borrowing some tips and techniques from friends in the primary school sector. These tips included:
  • a wipe clean A1 traffic light poster and board pen
  • a traffic light stamp - pre-coloured
  • a blank traffic light stamp

These have been really useful as part of my verbal feedback and in class cues. The pre-coloured stamp has enabled me to circulate and give feedback that identifies; both effort/engagement and whether the work being produced is on-track. It has been really useful as a motivator for students. The wipe-clean poster allowed me to write down what I meant by red (off-track), amber (working towards on-track) and green (on-track). It enabled me to identify the behaviours I associated with good learning and provide a reminder for students about the purpose of the traffic lights in their feedback (both written and oral).

So with half-term upon me I have the chance to reflect properly, and to review some of the student voice that I have been collecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment