Sunday 31 May 2015

Online learning

Since broadband made it's way into my home years ago I have enjoyed an online world. I've learnt so much and gained friends and connections around the world. The one thing I had not done was take an online course, a proper, get a certificate at the end (!) online course.*

Well, that's all changed. I signed up some time ago to EdX but never got round to actually registering for any courses. Then I saw Data Wise, which was being run by HarvardX. It was exploring how you could use data to inform and improve your teaching and the outcomes for learners. How to ensure that data was not only useful but being used more usefully. Looking at the different types of data that you might use in your teaching and then how you can plan for and work collaboratively with data and your colleagues. I have really been enjoying the course, the material is engaging and interesting, and it has got me thinking about how I use data and how I can use it better. I would definitely recommend teachers look at online courses.

*Ok, it's an online .pdf certificate. But I will be able to print it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment